As Research constitutes one of the objectives of the zoo, it is proposed to make this section functional. This section will continue to collect data on biological behavior, population dynamics and veterinary care done in the prescribed history card. For this, active participation of other institution scholars shall be obtained. Such research shall be partly or completely funded by NZP.
National Zoological Park is encouraging in carrying out scientific research by research scholars on
- Maintaining stud book and animal history cards
- Chemical analysis
- Pathology and parasitology of endangered animals
Proposed research problems for studies:
- Breeding behavior of endangered species of the park.
- To study the nutritional requirement in captive animals.
- To study the ecto and endo parasites of the Zoo animals and there remedial measures etc.
- To study breeding behavior, feeding and nutritional deficiencies in reptile and pheasants etc.
- Hematological studies of wild animal.
- Comparative studies of endo skeleton of cervids, carnivores and reptiles.
- Histological studies of hairs of mammals.
- Factors effecting migratory birds’ population of park.
Research in NZP Research Studies undertaken in NZP during 16-17:
- Breeding patterns in pheasants- by student from School of Env. Management GGS Indraprastha University, Dwarka.
- Internship- thirteen II yr. (B.Sc. Zoology) student from S. G. T. B. Khalsa College, Delhi University.
- Study on Asiatic lion in captivity- by student (B.sc. Zoology) from S. G. T. B. Khalsa College, Delhi University.
- Behavioural study of Sangai deer – by Research Scholar from School of Env. Management GGS Indraprastha University, Dwarka.
- Internship- student of (M. Sc- Wildlife Science) from Amity University, Sector-125, Noida(UP).
- Case study- by Student (M.Phill/Ph.D) from School of Life Science JNU.
- Internship- by student (Bachelor of Applied Science) from Unite Institute of Technology, Aukland.